Sunday, August 12, 2012

Linking for Thinking - 8/12/12

Every Sunday, I'll be whittling my reading list down to a few links that I found particularly interesting from the past week. Some may be profound/deep thinking articles or news stories, others may be things that fascinate me or made me laugh. Some will be on issues I already agree with, others will be those that have challenged me to think in new ways. If there's anything you think I'd be interested in, or something you think might be worth sharing in this space, feel free to leave it in the comments section, email me at coth.guy@gmail.com, or hit me up on facebook.

For starters, here's some of what I've been reading this week. It's a little sparse, since I've been doing a lot of work with Amanda and my good friends Josh and Deb Kirby preparing for the Buffalo Gap Church's Vacation Bible School. We built a castle. 

Americans want a more equal country (Shared by Davin Haley)
"We asked thousands of people to describe their ideal distribution of wealth, from top to bottom. The vast majority -- rich, poor, GOP and Democrat -- imagined a far more equal nation. Here's why it matters."

Outside Your Comfort Zone (Shared on David Smith's blog)
"Reality is that we move toward what we esteem. The first step is simply to confess that getting out of your comfort zone is a good thing."


Lifehack of the Week
"It may look a little dorky, but placing a cupcake liner over your drink with a hole for a straw will help keep your beverage insect-free."

Camp Counselor Experience (A recent post from Jessica Ragan, an amazing counselor who worked at Camp of the Hills this summer)

"My worries consumed me and consequently, I came in convinced I'd have a less than average time at camp. God proved me so wrong."

No comments:

Post a Comment